Thursday, April 7, 2016

Google Take Over

Google does not control our lives. We are our own person. We control what we do in life. Everyday we make our own decisions. Google does not tell us to get up, go to work, go to class, to use their search engine to quickly look something up, or anything else for that matter. We do that all on our own. Google has simply created a resource and made it available to us that we as a society, choose to use as frequently as we do. Google has obviously done their job by providing a service that people continue to use day in and day out. They are a business and their product is something that our society has gotten used to. Because of that, Google keeps moving forward providing us with further resources that we can use. 

If anything, it is our fault that we have let it go this far. Google wouldn't be where they are today without the use of their customers (us). To those of you who believe that Google has taken over our lives, you should be looking at our society and not Google.

***
I do, however, think that we are addicted. But how can we not be? Google is so resourceful. As a college student, I am totally addicted. I Google stuff for school daily. When I don't understand a concept from my textbook, I go to Google to see if I can find something else that will help me understand that concept. I'm out with my friends discussing politics, entertainment, music and movies. If we have a disagreement or need clarification, someone Google's it. 

Like it or not, Google is the way of the world. Get used to it. It's not going anywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment