Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Community

Today in class we talked about online and offline communities. Both of them have benefits while also having some setbacks as well.

Online you can be anyone you want to be. If there are people lacking in your life that you can talk to, chances are there are people online going through the same thing of something similar that you can talk to about it. From there, relationships and friendships can blossom. It's a new outlet for people and in most cases it can be a good thing (I'm excluding the people that lie online).

What I found interesting about the offline communities was people who live in heavily populated areas don't know their neighbors. After thinking about that, it is so true. People who live in the city never get the chance to know who else is living in their building. The city is a place that is so fast paced that sometimes people don't have the opportunity to get to know their neighbors.




I find that to be a shame because I grew up on a great block and go to know all of my neighbors and most of them are some of my closest friends. They have shaped my life so much and I couldn't imagine my life without them. So it's disappointing to hear that people who live in environments such as the city that never get to know their neighbors.

Oh, I also like Friends. Sorry if this video spoils anything for those who haven't watched the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment