Wednesday, May 4, 2016

"Hey! Google knows it's my birthday!"

Today is my roommate's birthday. So this morning when we were in our room getting ready and doing some homework, she shouts out "Hey! Google knows it's  my birthday!" 

When there is a holiday, usually Google will  change its header on the website to associate with the holiday. So when she went on to Google this morning, the header had cakes and candles incorporated into it since it was her birthday. 

This just reinforces our previous discussions in class about Google knowing everything about our lives. She has a G-mail account which probably has his birthday saved onto her profile, which would explain why Google knows it was her birthday today. 

I just wanted to share this little story with all of you, I thought it was funny and it really reinforces our conversations about Google. 


No comments:

Post a Comment